Sewn: Velvet Throw Pillows

Velvet Throw Pillow

Man, velvet is hard to photograph well, because it shows every single fingerprint. In person these pillows are so soft to the touch, and feel incredibly luxurious. One side is dark blue, while the other side is green. This was the first time I did a zipper closure on a throw pillow, and it was easier than I thought it would be. I didn't do an invisible zip, but I like seeing the contrast in colors in the zipper. I might never go back to envelope closures again!

It's been almost 2 years since we moved into this house, but it still doesn't feel so intimate. With the baby around there are toys everywhere, and cloths over everything to catch spills. There's so little time to do anything, that the walls are still bare. But, simple things like this make a house feel more personal, don't you think?