Recipe: Coconut-Lime Cake.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016


Coconut-Lime Cake
(Note: I doubled the recipe to make a larger layer cake)

Cake:
  • Basic White Cake (You could use box mix in a pinch)
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • Zest of 1 lime.
Follow the white cake cooking directions, and add both the coconut and lime at the end.

Icing:
Add the lime and coconut extract to the butter and sugar when you're making the icing.

*Note: One of my friends asked me, WHAT IS THAT ICING? It really is sooo good. It's not too sweet, it's not oily, but light and airy, and won't melt like whipped cream will. It's the original icing for red velvet cakes. It's good. Trust me.



P.S. Decorating cakes is not my forte. I made a pennant out of chop sticks, string, and washi tape. Couldn't be simpler, and reusable too. It might not look the greatest, but it tasted awesome!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top