Recipe: Melon Cream Popsicles

Have you ever tried Melona? It's a Korean popsicle brand. I've been craving them like mad, but I can't do dairy at the moment, because the baby's got a sensitivity. (That also means ice cream is out *weeps*) SO what's a girl to do but try to recreate the taste dairy free?

My first try was a fail. They look pretty, but I added lime zest into the mix and it overpowered the melon. The popsicles were also a little too icy for my tastes.



So I tried again with honeydew melon. The taste was close but the texture was too pulpy for my taste.

The third try was the charm. The trick is to strain the melon before freezing it. However, if you want extra fibre in your diet, this step is totally unnecessary.

It doesn't get much simpler than three ingredients.



Melon Cream Popsicles

Ingredients

  • 3 cups melon (2 if you aren't straining)
  • 2 tbsp honey (more or less depending on the ripeness of your fruit)
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk beverage / milk / cream (cream would make this especially decadent)
Method
  1. Blend the melon.
  2. Strain it through a mesh sieve.
  3. Mix with honey and milk.
  4. Freeze 1 hour, insert sticks, and freeze at least 4 more hours.
I told you it was an obsession. At least I'm getting my fruit servings for the day! It's practically health food!