Baking Interlude: Buttery Sourdough Buns

Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Buttery sourdough rolls

I've been a little neglectful of my sourdough starter and accumulated a lot of excess and wanted to find some recipes where I could use up the extra. This recipe via King Arthur Flour is a keeper. I only modified the recipe by adding a little garlic powder in with the paprika and butter swirl.

Buttery, soft, fluffy, and not to sweet or salty. The dough is the perfect base for either sweet or savoury fillings.

Next time I might add some sugar, cinnamon, and nuts to make cinnamon buns. I could also see these tasting wonderful with some cream cheese and jam, or even a pesto filling!

Buttery sourdough rolls 2

These sourdough buns are so good that they deserve a close up. They're not going to last long!
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top