Dining Seat Covers

Wednesday, January 28, 2015
I'm a messy eater, and with the baby on the way, things are only going to get messier around here! So, to save our new dining set, I sewed some washable seat covers.

Seat Cover

Why white? Because I can just throw them in the wash with bleach if needed. I sewed them out of the old curtains that used to hang in the nursery.

Seat Cover Detail

Here are a few of the details:
1) Traced the top and sides of the dining chair with newspaper, and cut it out of fabric.
2) Sewed the sides to the top, using top stitching along the top edge.
3) Left space for the wooden chair back.
4) Added velcro to the back edges so that they could attach securely to the dining chairs.

Seat Cover 2


And this is what it looks like from the back, when attached. I used the basic idea from this video tutorial but modified it slightly.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top