Sew & Tell: Faux Leather Wristlet & Pencil Case

Wednesday, December 10, 2014
I'm mildly obsessed with mint green, so much so that I've been hoarding this faux leather / pleather remnant for months. I wanted just the right project for it, and I think I've found it. Drumroll please...

clutchPurse (1)

TA DA! It's a simple clutch purse or wristlet. The wrist strap is detachable. It's unlined because the faux leather is fairly thick and won't fray. I also wanted to whip up something pretty quickly and this came together in about 20 minutes.

clutchPurse (2)

I also made a monogrammed pencil case. The "J" is cut out of felt.. It uses the exact same method as the wristlet, but it's slightly narrower. It also lacks the wrist strap.

clutchPurse


They would both make easy presents for the holiday's, right? 

Here's the method I used to construct both, skipping the lining, so it's even faster. The dimensions are different but the idea's exactly the same!
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top