Sew & Tell: DIY Maternity Band

Monday, August 25, 2014
Belly Band 3


If you're pregnant and want to wear your non-pregnancy pants for a little longer, a maternity / belly band can help.

How it works: leave your pre-pregnancy pants unbuttoned or unzipped, then slip a belly band over top so that your pants don't fall down.

It may sound a little silly, but right now I'm too small to fit into maternity pants, and my regular pants are too tight around the waist, so this is a lifesaver. They can also help post pregnancy when you're in between sizes. I've rolled up my shirt so you can see how it fits.

Belly band

They were out of black bands at the store when I tried to buy one, so using a bit of leftover black jersey, I whipped one up in about 20 minutes, and you can too! See, it's just a tube with 2 seams. In the photo above, I've flipped the band inside out so you can see the seams.

Belly Band 2


I followed this tutorial by Make It and Love It. It's so simple but it works! I'm so tempted to whip up a bunch more in different colors.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top