Letting Out Your Jean's Waistband

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
JeanWaist

Do you ever get buyer's regret? These jeans fit perfectly through the butt and thigh, but while the waist band was a little too snug, the larger sizes didn't fit as well everywhere else. Maybe I'm just awkwardly shaped, but it's an issue I run into whenever I try to buy pants or shorts and it's very annoying.

I mourned my new jeans and their lovely dark wash. They sat in my closet for more than a year, only taken out when I didn't have to do a lot of sitting or eating (almost never). I considered donating them, but decided to try letting out / taking out the waistband.

Low and behold (as you can see in the photo), my jeans are comfortable. Helloo gorgeous. I added a triangle of denim (I saved from hemming jeans) to each side seam. I never wear shirts tucked in so I don't think anyone will know. The color is pretty close, and there's even a bit of yellow original top stitching to match.

Do your jeans fit well everywhere except the waist? Try it! I followed this tutorial posted at Cotton and Curls. Maybe you can give some beloved old jeans a longer life.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top