Serious Scrapbusting

Saturday, October 19, 2013
I'm not sure if it's possible to have a wasteless sewing process, but I try not to create too much garbage when I do. I save all of those oddly sized bits and pieces: bigger ones for sewing, and smaller scraps for stuffing.

sack1

I'm somewhat obsessed with making little bags for gifts or storage. Drawstring bags, bread bags... they're all variations on the same thing. 

sack2

Once in a while, what started as a bag will turn into something else entirely, like this pillow. It's really just a bag with an old flat throw pillow folded in half and stuffed inside it. 

lumbarPillow1

I sorted my scraps into blues and greens, and I think it sort of works together, with shiny bits of satin.

lumbarPillow2

Maybe nothing really matches, but its okay by me. 
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top