Sew and Tell: Envelope Throw Pillow Covers

Saturday, August 31, 2013
ThrowPillow1

Sewing a throw pillow cover was the first thing I was taught to sew by my grandmother, and I haven't made one since. I'd forgotten how easy they are. The trickiest part is picking out the fabric :)

ThrowPillow3


This fabric has been in my stash for a long time. I intended to upholster something with it, but throw pillows work just as well. These covers were sewn to fit 18" inserts and have an envelope closure in the back. I used french seams on the insides and there is a Velcro patch as a closure, because I didn't have quite enough fabric to overlap. I made two of these and I really like the way they change the look of my couch.

ThrowPillow2

Thanks Lola!

Throw pillow covers are easy-peasy, I swear! Here's a tutorial: Throw Pillows Revisited.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top