Recipe: Sesame Crinkle Cookies
These crinkle cookies are airy and delicious. They're also full of good things, like sesame and peanut butter. They're also butter free!
Sesame Crinkle Cookies
(Makes 24 cookies)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or just use all tahini)
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two pans with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all the other ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mix.
- Form into 1" balls and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place balls 2" apart on a pan.
- Flatten slightly, with the bottom of a flat cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes.