Notebook Pen Wrap

Sunday, June 30, 2013
Pen holder for journal

Do you ever go somewhere with a notebook, and lose your pens in the bottom of your bag? I can never seem to find them when I need them. If you're like me, you need one of these. I'm not sure what to call it, other than a journal band. Stationary band?

What you need is a piece of elastic long enough to fit your favorite notebook and at least an inch wide. You also need either a piece of ribbon the same width (I used a green velvet ribbon whose ends I melted with a candle to prevent fraying), or a scrap of cloth the same width. With a few straight stitches, you've got a pen holder.

Note: I would use wider elastic (1.5 inch - 2 inch) and suggest choosing a fabric that isn't too slippery. This journal band doesn't hold the fat highlighter very well, but pens, pencils, and sharpies stay in place without a problem.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top