Alteration: From Miniskirt to Pencil Skirt

Wednesday, June 19, 2013
BlackMini4


I'm not really comfortable in miniskirts. I hadn't worn this skirt in ages, because it was too short and my days of going out dancing were looooong past. The fit was still great around the hips, so I decided to lengthen it with a panel of black organza.

Here's the original skirt:

BlackMini


It's hard to see in the photos, but the organza is sheer. I doubled it to make it a little less see through, and it almost looks like shiny satin from a distance:

BlackMini2


And here's a better shot of the skirt:

BlackMini3


The original skirt was a little more A-line, so I took it in at the sides to make it more pencil shaped. I think the organza's a bit unexpected, but its subtle enough to wear to the office or out on a date night. It's not so tight that it's hard to walk either.

Now, to actually wear it somewhere other than the front yard... hrm...
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top