Thread and Rhinestone Necklaces

Wednesday, May 29, 2013
RopeNecklace1

I love me some colorful thread and interesting textures! These two necklaces combine the two, and can be worn separately or apart. Faux pearls, rhinestone chains, embroidery threads, and rope are all involved here. I've always thought pearls were a little too conservative on their own, so I like the unexpected combination of pearls and thread. It almost looks like chain.

RopeNecklace2

Here's me just wearing the blue thread necklace. It's pretty comfortable and soft against the throat. The process was simple: braid some embroidery thread, stitch on a row of rhinestone chain, a strand of pearls, and another row of rhinestones.

A closeup here:

RopeNecklace4

Inspired? Here are a couple of simlar tutorials:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top