Hand-stitched Leather Coin Purse

Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's not the most glamorous of projects, but it's probably the one I've used most - so much so that I didn't bother taking a photo of it! 6 months later, the coin purse is still going strong, and looks the same as when I made it. The leather's softened a little so that it can fit EVEN MORE than it used to.


I traced a crappy old coin purse onto leather, cut it to size, and used a blanket stitch around all the corners. I sewed a zipper into the top, afterwards. To color the edges (because raw leather is pale) I simply used a black permanent marker. You could also use nail polish, or just leave the edges raw.

Why do I love this so much? It's the perfect size! It fits my cards, coins, and a few folded bills. It fits into women's pants pockets (WHICH never have enough room). I've stopped using a bulky wallet :) And the leather holds its shape, and is mucho durable. I bought a small scrap of leather ends for it, so it wasn't expensive either.

Sometimes I forget, oh yeah, I made that :)
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top