Thursday, February 14, 2013

Done! Sequin Top (Part 2)

SO after my first experience working with the glitter dot fabric (Part 1), I ended up hand sewing the rest of this top. It turned out a lot better than expected.

The finished top. Oooh shiny!
Putting together a boxy top is pretty simple. I started with two rectangular pieces of fabric which I laid on top of each other. Then I stitched the sides together (see the dotted lines in the photo below) leaving enough room for my arms, and then sewed the shoulders at a slight angle (more dotted lines!). Lastly, I cut out a scoop for the neck. I finished the raw edges by folding them under, then stitching the glitter fabric to the lining. The fabric has some stretch to it, which made it a little easier to work with.

Sew along the dotted lines, folks.
And that's that. I like hand-sewing. I find it soothing, and I imagine it fills the time while I'm watching TV, sort of like knitting. I don't knit. I wish I knew how!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment