Homemade fabric gift bags

Thursday, December 13, 2012
A pretty package wrapped up with glittery ribbon.

I went on a gift bag making spree! It was good to finally find a use for some of that scrap satin and lace I had laying around. The bags are a patchwork assortment of sizes and colors, and leftovers.

Patchwork gift bags
The garbage after Christmas gift opening bothers me, so this year we'll be a little bit more eco-friendly. These bags can be reused for years and I wonder if any of these will cycle around back to me someday. Hopefully the kids won't mind not having any wrapping paper to rip up.

I added ties to some of the bags, but not all, because the method of closing will depend on what I want to put inside. I constructed the bags using  a similar method to my old bread bag tutorial, but instead of lining the bags I just used a zigzag stitch over all the edges.

All different colors and textures.
Wrapping presents is one of my favorite things to do during the holiday season, but I can't wrap most of it yet, because I'm not quite done with my list!

Anyway :) This was another scrap buster project for you. I'll have these bags on hand all year round! You never know when you might need one.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top