Its Gi-nius! Cardigan

Sunday, October 21, 2012
This was a rescue for a project gone wrong. I wanted to make a drapey cardigan, but the fabric was too stiff. I tried it on, yanked it in different ways, and wasn't satisfied. It looked like it needed buttons, but I didn't want to bother with button holes.

The solution? Using a bit of leftover satin to make a generous sash. I also added some grosgrain ties to the interior to hold the other panel in place. E looked at it and said, "Hey you sewed a gi!" I realized he was right! All those years of training must have seeped in there. It's a lot softer and more fitted though. I don't think anyone will know how many times I resewed this...

Tied Cardigan
I've got a real aversion to ironing before photos. I'm lazy that way. This could have benefited from a little steaming, but you get the idea, right? It was also the first time I attempted sleeves of any sort, and I'm surprised they turned out at all.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top