Recipe: Kale Salad

Saturday, June 30, 2012
Do you enjoy kale? I've heard good things about it lately, but never tried eating it. To me kale was always the tough leaf used to line trays of salad and purely decorative. It turns out that kale is highly nutritious, and tastes a lot like broccoli (to me at least). I quite like it! E's nuts about it, and it's his new favorite vegetable. He's an odd one.


Kale Salad

Includes:
  • Kale roughly chopped, and massaged. Massaging the leaves makes the kale more tender, and changes the flavor slightly. It should looks a slightly darker green when you've massaged it enough. 
  • Sliced radishes
  • Chopped raw almonds
  • A bit of fresh parsley
  • Dried cranberries
  • Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
  • Seasoned with salt and pepper.

So that wasn't so much of a recipe! We just happened to have all of those things on hand. A bit of sweetness in the cranberries and the sourness of the balsamic helped to balance the bitterness of the kale. Considering that E finished almost an entire plate before I had a chance to try it, I think we're going to be eating it regularly from now on :)
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top