|The lovely color is due to a generous smothering in olive oil.|
Baguette With A Twist (Bread Machine Recipe)
Makes 2 Loaves
- 1 cup hot water
- 2.5 cups bread flour / Canadian flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast / bread machine yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Put hot water, sugar, and yeast into the bread pan, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, egg yolk, and flour.
- Select the dough setting on your bread machine.
- When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the bread pan, rub generously with olive oil, punch it down (to deflate it), and gently roll into two long loaves on parchment paper or a cookie sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown. (20 - 30 minutes)
|All those holes are perfect for drinking up olive oil and vinegar.|