Bag Reconstruction 2 - Quilted Purse

Saturday, March 10, 2012
My daily work purse was just the right size, but five years down the road it was entirely beat up. It was a cheap purse to begin with, so I didn't feel bad cutting it up to salvage parts. I saved the lining, but redesigned the exterior of the purse.
Pulled it carefully apart. I really liked the metal rings. Also too lazy
to sew all the interior pockets. I saved the lining to reuse.
It took a couple of weeks to figure this out. I'm still not a bag expert. I had to redo several parts more than once (the bottom for instance) because things didn't fit together the way I thought they would. The exterior pockets were also a challenge, but it looks a lot better than I expected. I quilted it to add some structure, and body. I think that without it, the plain grey fabric wouldn't have been very interesting.

Here's the end result!

Quilting gave it enough structure to stand on its own. I also lined
the sides and top with a layer of felt for some extra stiffness.
The zipper was salvaged from another project. Not sure where it came from.
Ahh just the right size!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top