Sewing Project: Lace and Jersey Top

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I finally fired up the sewing machine for the first time in a long time. I don't have a lot of experience making my own clothes, but I thought I'd try. I used an existing tshirt to trace out a pattern and modified the neckline into a scoop. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but I did end up making a few mistakes along the way.

Notes for next time:
  • I need to add more generous seam allowances when working with jersey. It's slippery and curls.
  • I need to sew the shoulders first, then attach the sleeves, then sew up the sides, and sew the bottom hem last. 
For my next project, I think I'll attempt a simple skirt. I'll let you know how it goes!
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top