Dress to Skirt Alteration

Wednesday, August 24, 2011
This is my latest quick sewing project. I had a strapless empire-waisted sundress that was too tight in the bust but I loved the pattern of the skirt. I spent one evening separating the top portion from the skirt portion of the dress, and another attaching the skirt to a black elastic. Easy peasy!

If you plan on doing this to a dress I'd recommend that the skirt-to-be already has gathers so that it has enough give when you attach an elastic.

The skirt detached from the top.

Skirt with elastic added. I used this tutorial for adding elastic via Freshly Picked.
And the awkward contorted mirror shot.
I'm still surprised how fast and easy that was! I think I'll try another skirt for my next project.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top