Dreaming of the Tropics

Thursday, January 20, 2011
I woke up this morning to what I thought was the familiar sound of rain. It was dark outside, as usual, and so I packed my umbrella and headed out. To my surprise, it wasn't rain at all, but snow! Slushy snow, but still edged with white. I think it's actually starting to stick now.

In the meantime, my mind's been elsewhere. I've dug up some old photos of Kauai.


Ahh what a place. The landscape changes dramatically from one side of the island to the other. There are dusty red canyons and lush green rain forests. There are also gorgeous beaches, but they can be dangerous depending on the time of year. When you see warning signs and a big wave headed your way, yeah you better run!

Thus ends the mini virtual vacation. ~sigh~ back to work.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top