Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
(Recipe Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book)
Makes 32 2 inch cookies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In one bowl mix peanut butter and butter. If you do not have a mixer, use a knife to cut the butter into the peanut butter until it is thoroughly combined.
- Add the sugars, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour little by little until it is completely incorporated.
- Stir in the oatmeal and cranberries.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the cookie mix on an an ungreased cookie. Bake 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool.
Happy Canada Day!