Here's a way to get some extra life out of those envelopes!
- bubble envelopes
- white glue (I used modpodge)
- a roll of wallpaper / magazine pages / card stock / brown paper grocery bags
1. Cut the flaps off your envelopes and trim the edges so you're left with two equal sized rectangles of bubble wrap.
2. Cut two rectangles from your cover paper. One rectangle should be .5" larger than the bubble wrap around all edges. One rectangle should be .5" around 3 edges, but have 2.5" extra along one edge (this will become your envelope flap).
3. Glue around the 3 edges of the smaller piece, leaving the opening unglued and press the two sides together.
4. For some extra security, you can sew a zigzag stitch around the edges with your sewing machine.
5. Trim the edges and the flap. You're done! You can either use a piece of double sided tape, a glue stick, or tape the outside shut when you're ready to mail the envelope.
If you're looking very closely you can see I didn't even bother with the third seam here. The roll of wallpaper was long enough that I could leave the envelope in one piece. I only cut off the sides.
With this method you can make smaller envelopes from a larger one, or make an envelope any size you want. They're also kind of pretty don't you think? Hmm, I think this wallpaper is a leftover from the 70's.