Victory Ceremony - Winter Olympics 2010

Saturday, February 20, 2010
We got a chance to see the Olympic medal presentation ceremony live last Wednesday. We chatted with some other people in the lineup to get into the stadium. Everyone (volunteer security guards included) was in a cheerful mood.

"Where are you from?"
"Vancouver."
"Yeah us too! How come it takes the Olympics to get us to talk to one another?"

"Hey I feel like I'm at the airport."
"Do you think we'll have to take off our shoes?"

Here are some highlights!

 
The raising of the Olympic flag.


The stage was flanked by several large screens.


The awards presentation for Women's snowboard cross. Maelle Ricker of Canada brought home the gold. Deborah Anthonioz of France got the silver and Olivia Nobs of Switzerland took bronze. The crowd was on their feet for every anthem (Canadian or not) but, even before the ladies walked out on stage everyone was on their feet cheering for Canadian gold!


After the awards we watched Paul Brandt in concert. I'm not much of a country music fan but E is. It was a good show.


What I'm really loving about these games? There's so much great energy around town. People are so friendly and cheerful. Every once in a while I'll hear a cheer echo down the road.

More to come! I have more photos than I can post here on this blog. If you want to see more check out my flickr feed.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top