Recipe: Rice Noodle Salad
After the holidays I was really craving food that was a lot less rich. I always imagined noodle salads as more of a spring or summer thing, but this really hit the spot. This is good for anytime in the year!
Rice Noodle Salad with Pork
Serves 3 - 4
- 1 package of rice noodles (pad thai variety)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 lb / 500 g pork cut into strips
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Optional toppings: boiled eggs, cilantro, fried garlic or french fried onions.
- Marinate pork in rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. This usually involves soaking in hot water for 10 mins or so.
- Slice all vegetables as you wish.
- Pan fry the pork until cooked through.
- Top the noodles with the vegetables and pork.
- Sprinkle with fish sauce to taste.