- 1.5 lb spinach or pepper leaves
- 1 1/2 cup dried mung beans
- 1 cubed up pork cutlet, or diced bacon (leave this out if you're vegetarian)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or more to taste
- Optional: any kind of seafood: white fish, prawns, mussels, clams. I didn't use any this time.
- Soak the mung beans in water for 2 hours.
- Saute the onion in vegetable oil. Add the pork or bacon if you are using it, and fry until browned.
- Add the mung beans and water. Boil, covered, for 40 minutes (or until the beans are tender, and start to expand to fill the pot). Add extra water if it starts to get low.
- Just before the stew is done, add the fish sauce and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted. This is also the time to add any kind of seafood.
- See, didn't I tell you it was simple?