Recipe - Watercress and Spinach Pesto Sauce (Something green!)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
My husband makes fun of me for cooking green food. I think green is a fun and refreshing color! For some reason the color green usually shows up in whatever I cook. This is probably the one of the greenest recipes I've tried to cook up. ;) Incidentally, more green has been creeping into my wardrobe lately too...

Watercress and Spinach Pesto Sauce
Serves 2



Ingredients:
  • 200 grams or 2 large handfuls of watercress
  • 200 grams or 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 finely diced cloves of garlic
  • Parmesan cheese for garnish
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Little by little add the ingredients into a blender/food processor, followed by a tablespoon of olive oil at a time. Pulse the ingredients together until you get a nice green creamy paste.
  2. Toss in a pan with steaming hot, just cooked, pasta, and let all the flavors combine/get heated through.
  3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Presto that's Pesto! My version ;)
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top