Recipe: Pan Fried Rice noodles with Beef

Friday, June 19, 2009
This is another dish I occasionally cook at home. This one's from memory and I never cook it the same way twice - because I can't remember what I added last time. I frequently add whatever vegetables I have in the fridge. I think this is the basic recipe ;) If you try it let me know how it turns out!

Pan Fried Rice Noodles with Beef
serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 3 diced green onions
  • 2 diced cloves of garlic
  • 1 chopped small onion
  • 1 pkg of fresh rice noodles (or prepare dried noodles according to the package directions)
  • 1/3 cup cooking wine
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp water
  • Optional: Cilantro and chili oil as additional garnishes
Directions:
  1. Mix the ground beef with green onions, cooking wine, oyster sauce, sugar, and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  2. Saute garlic in oil until fragrant, and add the chopped onion. Cook onions until translucent.
  3. Add the ground beef to the pan, breaking up clumps, until it is cooked through.
  4. Add the rice noodles, remaining soy sauce, and water. Mix it together and let the rice noodles get a little toasty. (The key is not to mix everything too frequently).
  5. Garnish with cilantro and chili oil to serve.
Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top