As I’ve mentioned before, I’m no baker! Here's a dessert that's no nonsense, quick, sugar free, tastes yummy, and very difficult to get wrong. It’s also a great way to use overripe fruit, and it's even better with a big scoop of ice cream.
Makes 6 or 7 mini tarts (depending on how high you like to pile your filling.)
- 7 frozen mini tart shells
- 1 ripe pear. You can also substitute apple, peaches, nectarines, or bananas
- 50 grams chopped walnuts or pecans (approximately 4 heaping tbsp)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 tsp nutmeg. A couple squeezes of lemon juice or a tiny bit of grated lemon rind.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the core and seeds from the pear and roughly chop into chunks.
- In a bowl mix the pear, cinnamon, vanilla extract and walnuts together.
- Fill each tart cup with the pear mixture.
- Drizzle honey generously over each cup.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges of the tart are golden brown.