Recipe: Creamy Onion Baked Salmon

Friday, February 13, 2009

There are some days I really don't want to think too much about what to cook. This is another quick dinner you can pull together without much effort. My husband K-style is generally a snob when it comes to leftovers, but the day after I cooked this he packed up a lunch for himself, a lunch for me, and ate it again for dinner. I was completely amazed. Personally I love leftovers. I dream of the good food to be repeated the next day and wake up looking forward to it. Some things taste better! I've been known to enjoy cold pizza for breakfast... but yes here's the salmon recipe for you. It's better than cold pizza.


Creamy Onion Baked Salmon Serves 8


Ingredients

  • 1 fillet of salmon.

  • 1 pack of onion soup mix.

  • 4 to 5 heaping tbsp of mayonnaise. If you don't like mayo you can substitute plain yogurt.

  • 5 fresh mushrooms

  • 1 tbsp olive oil

  • pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

  2. Line a pan with wax paper and place the salmon skin side down onto it.

  3. Season the salmon with pepper.

  4. Slice the mushrooms.

  5. In a bowl mix the onion soup mix, mayo, olive oil, and mushrooms together.

  6. Spread the mix over the salmon.

  7. Bake for around 25 minutes depending on the size of your salmon fillet.


Chef's note: I like to cut the salmon into portions before baking. This makes it easy to serve and to pack up for lunch!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top