When I'm home alone I get lazy. I usually want to eat something that's quick to make and uses what I already have in the kitchen. This is a quick and tasty recipe for those nights to yourself. Of course, you can also multiply the recipe to serve more than one.
adapted from various sources online
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp diced fresh ginger
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sake/cooking wine/vodka
- A dash of sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl excluding the salmon. This will be your marinade/sauce.
- Let the salmon sit in the marinade for around 20 minutes - cook some rice, steam some veggies, do some dishes, or watch tv in the meantime. I like to cut the salmon into bite sized pieces so each bit gets nice and saucy and caremelized, but you can leave the fillet whole.
- Heat up a pan with a little oil and pan fry the salmon until it's almost cooked all the way through. Add the left over marinade into the pan and cook with the salmon for a couple more minutes.
That's it! See I told you it was easy.