Pear and Feta Salad
It's been too busy for crafting but a gal's still gotta eat! On our weekly veggie market run I happened across a few red pears and this salad came to mind. E's pretty picky when it comes to salads but he finished most of this salad before I had a chance to take more than a few bites. I will make a bigger bowl next time.
Tip from E the Greek chef: the feta cheese that comes in a block is better quality than the kind you can buy crumbled. If you buy a block of feta you can slice of as much as you need at a time and crumble it yourself. It also keeps longer in the fridge.
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese (or any kind of goat cheese)
- 1 slightly unripe pear cut in half, core removed, and sliced thinly (or apple/mandarin oranges/strawberries)
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts (or pecans/almonds)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (or mixed greens)
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and drizzle the salad dressing over top.